Chemical-free non corrosive poultry litter treatment for incredible ammonia, pathogen and odour control. Increases poultry health by forming a continuously working protective biological barrier.
Substance Challenges in Chicken Houses
Ammonia is a serious and continued challenge for poultry and the farmer. It’s corrosive to equipment and damaging to the environment. Conventional wisdom is to change the acidity of the litter to limit ammonia.
Ammonia is a volatile compound and above 7.2 PH it acts as a gas with adverse effects. Below 7.2 PH it’s converted into ammonium.
This process fluctuates continually, and as ammonia levels increase costly ventilation must be used, which is not a carbon green solution. Harsh and expensive corrosive chemicals are needed to increase PH in an increasing and difficult cycle.
Mode of Action:
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme takes a novel approach to ammonia by involving:
- Biological Conversion Approach:
A proprietary microbial consortium targets ammonia and permanently converts it to ammonium nitrate fertilizer.
- Lignin / Carbon Approach:
Ammonia gas levels increase when there is a lack of carbon in the litter bed. When the amount of carbon is less than that required for converting available nitrogen into protein
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme makes better use of the available carbon to eliminate the excess nitrogen as ammonia. It adds considerable carbon in the form of lignin, a crucial factor in reducing ammonia.
- Organic Acid Ammonia Chelation Approach:
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme helps to reduce ammonia through a process called chelation.
- Pathogens and their detrimental effects in the poultry environment are well documented.
- They are extremely dangerous, and very difficult as well as costly to control.
- They naturally develop resistance and immunity to substances that harm or kill them, in other words harsh chemicals, disinfectants, sanitizers and antibiotics.
- They build up immunity and resistance over time and become harder to kill the next time.
- In this vicious unstoppable cycle extra harsh chemicals and more powerful and costly disinfectants are always needed.
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme Solution:
- Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzymes are safe and good probiotics which naturally occur in nature and are not genetically modified in any way.
- In every few drops of Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme product, there are tens of millions to billions of good bacteria.
- When they are applied, they quickly go in search of food and space, and rapidly outcompete the bad bacteria for their food source.
- Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme rapidly keep on reproducing at an exponential rate and completely colonize the area or system.
- Ensures in a short period of time that the bad pathogens in the litter starve off and die.
- An incredible fact is that where conventional disinfectants usually stop working after application, the Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme process can continue for hours, days and more after application, so the effect of a healthy flock environment is long and lasting.
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme is Non-Corrosive:
- Corrosion of expensive equipment is a serious problem that ruins the profit of poultry operations.
- Corrosion can happen anywhere in a poultry operation, and current practices in broiler operations only increase the opportunity for corrosion.
- Corrosion is simply the deterioration of materials through a chemical reaction with the environmental condition.
- Perhaps the most noted corrosion occurs with the rusting of iron or other such metals.
- Corrosion is not confined to just metal as it affects plastics, concrete, wood and other materials.
- The single most deconstructive chemical created by a poultry operation is ammonia.
- Ammonia will always be produced in a poultry house as it is a reaction between manure, moisture, and microbiology.
- Typically, the higher the humidity of a poultry house the greater ammonia levels become.
- Ammonia is well noted for its detriments to the welfare of the birds, but we rarely hear about this deterioration of metal components in a poultry house.
- This deterioration includes valuable fasteners, heaters, walls, ceilings and any other metal object.
- Many poultry farmers combat ammonia by applying an acid product for poultry litter treatment.
- The purpose of acid products is to lower the Ph value of the litter.
- The ends of the spectrum on the Ph scale are ammonia and acid. A very rudimentary thought would be “Where there is ammonia let’s apply acid to make it neutral”
- This solution has not been thought out. It would take as much acid as ammonia to make a fair play and truly offset the ammonia.
- That would be extremely expensive not to mention dangerous.
- The use of such products leads to elevated acid levels that in turn create an even more corrosive poultry house environment.
- Products that convert into acid materials lead to groundwater contamination.
Eco-Health: Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme is completely safe and is not corrosive.
It’s made up of entirely organic constituents and poses no problem when contacted with skin or animals. By implementing a complete poultry management system with Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme, a farmer is extending the life of his equipment among other things and is improving his return on investment.
Long Term Ammonia Control:
- For long term ammonia control, conventional wisdom has been to spread powerful acid products into the poultry house.
- The logic is that by making the pH level of the litter low enough, if it’s more acidic, then the ammonium can’t in turn convert into ammonia gas.
- The faulty rationale in this instance is that the ammonium is still there available.
- The acid doesn’t do away with it. It just traps the ammonium and delays the inevitable problem.
- Eventually, the poultry manure itself will raise the pH, and the ammonia problem will return.
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme works completely differently to acid treatments.
Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme beneficial bacteria give the natural process a head starts which break the ammonium down faster than it normally would.
- A specific strain of bacteria is present to bind the ammonium with nitrogen to make ammonium nitrate which is conventional plant fertilizer.
- Once bound up as fertilizer, it can’t change back, and ammonia is permanently eliminated.
- With Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme, competitive exclusion takes time for a colony to establish, and after a few days’ ammonia levels begin to plummet and one will continue to see low ammonia levels.
- When dealing with a poultry house that has been previously treated with Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme ammonia levels will be much lower than a house treated with acid.
- Adding a fresh application Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme drastically improves the situation.
- With repeated use of Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme ammonia problems are nearly eliminated.
Easy Liquid Application:
Eco-Health: Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme is an easy to apply liquid treatment.
- Simply mix our highly concentrated formula with water in a clean pressure sprayer and apply thoroughly on the poultry house floor.
- Conventional dry bulk products are difficult to handle and are labour intensive. In the time what typically takes a few workers to cover a brood section of a broiler house, an entire house can be covered by one person with Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme.
- There is also no need for P.P.E.’s (Personal Protective Equipment).
Step 1: Seal the house after the flock is removed to maintain a higher temperature.
Microorganisms are more effective in warmer temperatures. Ventilate before re-entry for service, or if moisture begins to condensate in the house.
Step 2: Immediately after de-caking, and before adding new bedding, apply Eco-Health Poultry Litter Bio-Enzyme at the rate of 1L per 400 square meters. For each 1L of concentrate dilute with 100L of water. After diluting wait 30 minutes before applying.
- A clean pressure sprayer which has not been previously contaminated by disinfectants must be used. Evenly cover the entire surface of the litter bed with spray.
- Ideally seal the house for 24 hours after application. Follow the standard ventilation program before and after bird placement.
- Keeps litter dry
- Reduce mortality rates
- Reduces odour
- Maintain body heat
- Reduce litter bugs
- Reduce condemnation rate
- Increase feed conversion
- Increase flock weight
- Binds ammonia
- Produces clean air
- Lowers utility costs
- Lowers exhaust fan costs
- Reduces caking in litter
- Convenient liquid form
- Easy to apply liquid
- Less shavings required
- Applied with conventional spray equipment
Packaging and Storage:
Packaged in 25L drums. Store in a cool, dry place. Shelf life valid for 1 year.